Please join us in October for Civility Month 2022!
We are holding events on Zoom and In-Person focused on “Civility in Journalism” and “Civility in Politics.” We also have two author events and two “Bridging Our Differences” workshops, along with our annual Art Contest, and this year’s “Civility Awards.”
- Oct. 5th, 6:30 p.m. PT: Brandi Kruse of [un]Divided on “Journalism and Civility in 2022.” In-person at the Coupeville library and on Zoom. Check back soon for full details.
- Oct. 8th, 6 p.m. PT: Elizabeth Doll of Braver Politics on “The Time for Talking Isn’t Over: How Workshops That Restore Trust Depolarize America.” In-person at the Unitarian Universalist church in Freeland and on Zoom. Check back soon for full details.
- Oct. 11th, 6:30 p.m. PT: Author Paul Courteau on “Can You Resolve Conflicts Without Fear?” Zoom only. Check back soon for full details.
- Oct. 15th, 6 p.m. PT: Authors Bill Keith and Robert Danisch on their book, “Beyond Civility: The Competing Obligations of Citizenship.” Zoom only. Check back soon for full details.
- Oct. 22nd, 6:30 p.m. PT: “Civility in Partisan Politics” with State Senators Ron Muzzall (R) and Annette Cleveland (D). Zoom only. Check back soon for full details.
- Oct. 29th, 2 p.m. PT: Art contest awards. In-person at the Coupeville Library. Check back soon for full details.
The Civility Awards will be given out to the winning individuals, businesses and organizations throughout October.
two Bridging Our Differences Workshops coming up on october 4th and 18th, 2022
Do you wish you could: Have conversations with people who disagree with you?
Find a way to start a tricky conversation respectfully?
Stay civil without giving up your beliefs or opinions?
Register below or Contact US at email@example.com to schedule a workshop for your Organization. REGISTER below FOR THE OCTOBER, 2022 WORKSHOPS Two dates: - Tuesday, October 4th at 6:30 p.m. - Tuesday, October 18th at 6:30 p.m.
monthlySaturday afternoon workshops will return in november